Urgent, Effective May 30th, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign into your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you will need to sign in using Sign in with Google or other more secure options requiring configuration of MFA & App Passwords.
Why does this matter?
Gmail Scan to Email, WILL STOP WORKING, May 30th!
How Can I Prevent This From Happening?
If you are unsure if you will be affected, give Hogland Office Works a call and we will work with you to find out.
NOTE: When you call, if you have an Internal IT Department and/or work with a Third-Party IT Provider we will need to work with them if it is found that you are utilizing a Gmail Account for Scan to Email.
If you are utilizing Gmail for Scan to Email, see following options below:
1. Contact your IT Department and/or Third-Party IT Provider and ask them for an Email Address that can be utilized for Scan to Email.
2. Move Scan to Email to a Microsoft Office 365 Account
- If you already utilize Microsoft Office 365 at your business, then an account for Scan to Email will need to be added. Hogland can assist in this matter FREE OF CHARGE BEFORE MAY 30th
- If you do not already utilize Microsoft Office 365 at your business, we can discuss plans and offerings. Hogland can assist in the matter FREE OF CHARGE BEFORE MAY 30th
- Scan to Email will (at Minimum) REQUIRE a Microsoft Office 365 – Business Basic Account
3. If you would like to keep using Gmail for Scan to Email, your account will need to have MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) Enabled and an App Password will need to be Generated for use with Scan to Email.
- For MFA, our Top Recommendation is to utilize a Physical Security Key (i.e. Titan Security Key)
- A Physical Security Key can be purchased Online or Directly from Hogland Office Works for $60 / key. If you purchase the key from Hogland, we will assist in the setup and configuration of the Security Key & App Password FREE OF CHARGE BEFORE MAY 30th.
What If I Have Questions?
Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns and to schedule a time for us to assist you in ensuring your Scan to Email does not stop working May 30th.
HOGLAND IT: 806.763.9525